Posted on 18 Nov in Uncategorised
Are you passionate about walking and have good local knowledge of footpaths in Shaftesbury?
Do you have great communication and engagement skills?
Shaftesbury needs a volunteer to fill the role of the Right of Way Liaison Officer, could this be you?
The role of a Rights of Way Liaison Officer includes:
- encouraging volunteers to help keep the rights of way network in good condition
- promoting schemes that involve schools and others in rights of way matters
- liaising with the local representatives of national bodies to promote understanding between path users, landowners and tenants
- maintaining regular contact with council officers who are involved in making modification, diversion and extinguishment orders
- promoting rights of way information and news through STC media channels
- communicating with representatives of neighbouring parishes to ensure continuity because paths generally do not recognise the administrative council boundaries
- liaising closely with the Green Space Management Team on matters such as path signing, way-marking and resolution of problems on the network. Local knowledge is usually the key to progress
- being responsible for the town/parish council Rights of Way Information Pack and rights of way related correspondence